The New England Ski Museum is located in Franconia Notch, New Hampshire. The Museum is open from 10 AM to 5 PM seven days a week from Memorial Day through the end of ski season at Cannon Mountain, which is normally in early April.
Mission: To collect, preserve, and exhibit elements from the broad spectrum of ski history for the purpose of research, education, and entertainment.
• Founded in 1977; Museum opened in 1982 next to the Cannon Mountain Aerial Tramway, Franconia Notch State Park.
• Non-profit status, 501(c)(3). Supported by 1500 active Members and sales from the Museum Shop and Catalog. Members receive a 10% discount on purchases.
• One of four USSA-recognized ski museums in the United States and the only one in the East.
• Governing Body: Board of 30 Directors; quarterly Directors meetings. Staff: 2 full time, 4 part time.
• Over 20,000 visitors annually to our Museum include members and the general public, school groups, 10th Mountain Division veterans, and ski clubs. Free admission.
• Exhibits change annually. Our current exhibit is From Pastime to Enterprise: Skiing Becomes a Business.
• The New England Ski Museum Journal is sent free to Museum members four times a year and contains feature articles written by nationally recognized ski historians/journalists as well as historic photographs.
• Museum Shop and Catalog includes reproduction ski posters, books, t-shirts, postcards, ski jewelry, ski gift items, and vintage ski films on video.
Visit our Main Website at: www.skimuseum.org
All prices are in USD.